Draft Regional Spatial and Economic Strategy (RSES) – Process Update.
The Northern and Western Regional Assembly published a Draft Regional Spatial and Economic Strategy in November 2018, following significant engagement and consultations over the previous 12 months. This included the formal Pre-Draft RSES consultation that took place between November 2017 and February 2018.
The draft itself was the subject of public consultation from November 2018 until February 2019. The submissions received were considered by the Assembly at its April meeting (26/04/19) and decided to propose Material Amendments to the Draft, they also determined that SEA and AA were required in relation to the proposed Material Amendments.
The Assembly further decided on 26/07/19 to publish the Material Amendments and the SEA and AA carried out for them. The consultation period is from 4th August 2019 until 11th October 2019, (dates inclusive).
• The documents which are part of the current formal consultation process are located at the beginning of the series below.
• The Material Amendments should be read in conjunction with the Draft RSES.
• The Assembly have for convenience and information purposes only provided a Working Composite Document which shows how the Material Amendments and non-Material Amendments might be incorporated into the Draft RSES.
• The methods and opportunities to engage with the consultation processes are given in the Material Amendment Document and in the copy of the advert.
• The NWRA website contains all the documents used to inform the strategy to date and they can be viewed below.