Regional Tourism Think Tank
On Tuesday the 27th of February 2018, Regional Tourism leaders and stakeholders, throughout the Northern and Western part of Ireland meet in the Glasshouse Hotel in Sligo.
Presentations from Failte Ireland, Waterways Ireland, Donegal Co Co and The Northern & Western Regional Assembly, were followed by a workshop on regional alliances.
The meeting explored current regional partnerships, potential areas of collaboration, available national and EU funding sources.
The morning provided a platform for leaders in the tourism sector focus on avenues and mechanisms to collaborate more effectively at a regional level.
Tourism Based Alliances within the Northern and Western Region of Ireland
|Current Alliances||Potential Alliances|
|· IWAK – 7 Local Authorities|
· Sligo/Mayo/Donegal – Atlantic on Bike
· Sail West
· Wild Atlantic Way – 9 Local Authority
· Donegal / Derry Partnership
· Galway 2020 / Joyce Geopark
· IT Research Clusters
· WRAP Fund – Film Tourism
· Sligo Spanish Armada Project
|· Royal Canal Greenway|
· Extension of EuroVelo and Link to Greenways
· Creation of Spiritual Trails
· Cluster promotion of attractions geographically
· Dark Skies Tourism
· Gastronomy Trails
· Centre Parks – Clustering for Region
· Sustainable Environmental Tourism
· Literary Tourism Trails
· Regional Greenway Strategy
· Regional Marine Spatial Plan
· Adventure Sports Tourism – Regionally Marketed
Download the Presentations
tourism – a regional approach – Eanna Rowe
DM Tourism Presentation – David minton
20180227 TTT – Brendan Mooney
Cool Route Presentation – Joy Harron