We are looking for an Auditor (Grade VII) to join our Team
The Northern & Western Regional Assembly wishes to recruit a full-time permanent Auditor (Grade VII). The Auditor will examine systems and procedures at all levels within the Regional Assembly and make recommendations for improvements where appropriate.
The duties of the Auditor will include:
- To perform the role of First Level Controller in relation to all European Territorial Communities programmes, include Interreg Europe programme, Atlantic Area programme and Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme.
- To offer advice and assistance in relation to the management of the Assembly’s finances including preparation of annual financial statements and budgets.
- To prepare a risk register and carry out appropriate testing to ensure the Assembly operates in-line with policy and best operating practices.
- To prepare and deliver reports to the Assistant Director/Director on performance along with recommendations to minimise and mitigate risks.
- To undertake any other duties that may from time to time be assigned including those relating to the position of Administrative Officer.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following
- Experience in working with finance/audit/risk and interpreting financial data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated through the ability to facilitate, network, lead, analyse, and resolve issues.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work effectively, to work under pressure to tight deadlines, and be available to work outside normal office hours as required.
- An understanding of EU funds, national eligibility and procurement rules and their application, and an understanding of the role of the Northern and Western Regional Assembly role with the region.
- A satisfactory knowledge of EU institutions, policy issues and funding programmes.
Salary scale is from €55,847 min to €72,602 p.a. (inclusive of Long Service Increment).
The Local Government Superannuation Scheme will apply to this post.
The Assembly Headquarters is located at The Square, Ballaghaderreen, County Roscommon
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is Thursday 14th March 2024
The Northern & Western Regional Assembly is committed to a policy of equal opportunity.