At the Assembly’s November meeting, John Daly – Economist with the Northern and Western Regional Assembly – examined the degree to which the NDP aligns with the RSES.
In this regard, the presentation examined the degree to which the NDP aligns with:
- The Galway Metropolitan Area Strategic Plan.
- The Letterkenny Regional Growth Centre Strategic Plan
- The Sligo Regional Growth Centre Strategic Plan
- The Athlone Regional Growth Centre Strategic Plan
- The Growth Ambitions of the RSES
Furthermore, the presentation also examined the Northern and Western Region’s existing allocation of significant projects of scale from the NDP and how positive discrimination needs to be applied to the region with respect to capital investment.
A comprehensive question and answer session and debate followed the presentation.
Watch John’s presentation below