Who we are:
The Northern and Western Regional Assembly was established under the Local Government Reform Act 2014 and has a statutory role in the regional government structure for the 9 local authorities in the Northern and Western Region. The main roles of the Assembly are to:
- To prepare and implement the Regional Spatial and Economic Strategies (RSES).
- To ensure consistency with RSES in relation to the Local Development Plans of the 11 constituent Local Authorities.
- To establish and assist appropriate regional fora to support the economic development of the Region.
- To support the work of the National Oversight and Audit Commission (NOAC).
- To Identify, participate in and to co-ordinate EU projects throughout the region.
- To support the national delegation to the Committee of the Regions (CoR).
- Participate as Managing Authority for the region in monitoring EU Operational Programmes and
- To provide support and assistance to the Irish Regions Office (IRO) in Brussels
Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Officer
The GIS Officer shall work within the Regional Planning and Economic Development Division. He/She will be responsible for the implementation of GIS development, support of ongoing GIS initiatives, and the provision of GIS supports to the NWRA. The role will involve a specific focus on assisting the Regional Planning and Economic Development Directorate in delivering geospatial applications, products and providing detailed reports that identifies, monitors and reports on the general economic, social and environmental progress of the region. It will include involvement across the communications function with a strong emphasis on Graphic Design and with a focus on developing digital and social media.
For more detailed information, including the duties and responsibilities of the post and the criteria to be used during the recruitment and selection process, please see the Candidate Information Booklet.
€48,540 (Min) to €55,365 (Max) with 1st LSI (€57,337) & 2nd LSI (€59,320).
The Assembly Headquarters is located at The Square, Ballaghaderreen, County Roscommon
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 4.00pm, on Thursday 2nd September 2021
The competition may consist of a two-stage process:
2. Competitive interview
Applications must be made on the official application form and all sections must be completed in full. When completing the application form accuracy is essential as it will be used as a computer input document. The information you supply in the application form will play a central part of the short-listing process. The Northern and Western Regional Assembly’s decision to include you on the shortlist of candidates going forward to stage two of the process may be determined based on this information.
The Northern and Western Regional Assembly is an equal opportunities employer.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify.
The Northern & Western Regional Assembly is committed to a policy of equal opportunity