The NWRA has over 17 years experience engaged with EU funding programmes. The EU Engagement Team aims to be the hub of information relating to EU funding mechanisms and we want to help.
If you would like to get in touch with the team please email email@example.com or download a comprehensive guide to EU Funding at http://www.europarl.europa.eu/EPRS/Funding_Guide.pdf
View Guide to EU Funding 2014-2020:
Europe 2020 is the European Union’s ten-year jobs and growth strategy. It was launched in 2010 to create the conditions for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
Five headline targets have been agreed for the EU to achieve by the end of 2020. These cover employment; research and development; climate/energy; education; social inclusion and poverty reduction.
The EU provides funding for a broad range of projects and programmes covering areas such as:
- regional & urban development
- employment & social inclusion
- agriculture & rural development
- maritime & fisheries policies
- research & innovation
- humanitarian aid
Over 76% of the EU budget is managed in partnership with national and regional authorities through a system of “shared management”, largely through 5 big funds – the Structural & Investment Funds. Collectively, these help to implement the Europe 2020 strategy.
- European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) – regional and urban development
- European Social Fund (ESF) – social inclusion and good governance
- Cohesion Fund (CF) – economic convergence by less-developed regions
- European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF)
The NWRA are the Managing Authority (MA) for the BMW operational Programme.